The Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy (ICHP) was founded in 1979 to establish a national organisation for independent Hypnotherapy-Psychotherapy practitioners. The ICHP is a totally autonomous association of like-minded therapists, Post-Graduate members and suitably qualified ethical Hypnotherapists /-Psychotherapists. The I.C.H.P. is dedicated to the professional and ethical use of eclectic Hypnotherapy-Psychotherapy, allied to the practice of psychoanalysis, hypno-analysis, and psychotherapy, for the treatment of nervous disorders and emotional problems.
The primary purpose of the ICHP Institute is the advancement of the art, science and practice of Ethical Hypnotherapy-Psychotherapy as a technique for the relief and rehabilitation of persons suffering from nervous disorders and emotional problems. The ICHP exists to promote widespread personal empowerment through therapeutic techniques, and to promote the training of its members and education for the general public.
In keeping with the ICHP Mission Statement and the historical legacy of the pioneers of Clinical Hypnotherapy-Psychotherapy, the Institute has developed the following guiding principles to focus the members and students, teachers and board to follow:
- Develop and deliver quality programmes that are responsive to the needs of both students and the caring and helping professions.
- Build a community of skilled caring professionals which is person/client centred and accessible to people who are in need of assistance with mental, physical, spiritual and emotional problems.
- To integrate Hypnotherapy-Psychotherapy into the Medical model of health, especially mental health.
- Develop undergraduate programmes incorporating international best practice in all areas of Clinical Hypnotherapy-Psychotherapy.
- Promote the recognition of Hypnotherapy-Psychotherapy as a separate and distinct profession, including Hypno-analysis, Hypno-counselling, etc.
- Promote the ethos of ICHP as the most ethical, professional and educational body in its field.
- Provide a strong element of Hypnotherapy-Psychotherapy training, practical training and clinical placements in all ICHP modules.
- To teach all relevant health providers both the practice and benefits of Clinical Hypnotherapy-Psychotherapy.
As Course Director of the Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy Training & Accreditation Institute it gives me great pleasure to welcome you to the ICHP and I wish you every success on your journey to becoming a professional Hypnotherapist-Psychotherapist.
This programme is designed to equip you, the student, with the necessary expertise to assist clients in the caring and helping profession.
It was W.B. Yeats that wrote “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire”. The ICHP programme in Hypnotherapy is one of the most exciting and fascinating careers available in modern society. All facets of human behaviour involves the use of the mind and the subconscious in every sphere of contemporary life.
Modern scientific Hypnotherapy-Psychotherapy has a history of some 250 years although its pre-scientific origins date back some 5000 years. Hypnotherapy is today experiencing an unprecedented boom in growth and expansion and in Ireland, Europe and globally.
I know you will find the course both stimulating and rewarding as there is great emphasis on self-development combined with Supervision. As you progress through the ICHP Programme you will be exposed to a wide variety of experts in the field with a vast repertoire of approaches and styles to prepare you to consult with an array of mental health symptoms.
Finally, the programme is designed to be taught by professionals in the field and combine clinical based practice with a theoretical underpinning and promotes a good working relationship between tutors, students, supervisors and work placement personnel. This close relationship is an inherent part of the ICHP culture and prepares our graduates for a professional career in the field of Hypnotherapy-Psychotherapy.
I wish you every success in your studies with the Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy.